Cone Cupcakes are such an easy and fun treat for a Birthday Party, a quick dessert or an office celebration. Ice cream Cone Cupcakes are the cutest!
Recipe Taste and Texture:
- Soft and fluffy Cupcakes
- With frosting that tastes like chocolate
- All that crunch from cones and sprinkles! <3
- A box of Cake Mix: Or you can make your cone cupcakes with a homemade cupcake batter from scratch or using a box mix.
If looking for homemade cupcakes options here are some that you will enjoy: Fluffy Lemon Cupcakes, Softest Orange Cupcakes, or these another favorite- Strawberry ones!
- A batch of homemade or store bought frosting: For homemade frosting ideas, check out my Chocolate Fudge Frosting, or this Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Even this Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting would be so good here!
- Ice cream Cones
- Sprinkles of choice (optional but pretty)
How do you make ice cream cone cupcakes:
- If using a box mix, simply follow instructions on the package to prepare batter. You may select the flavor of your choice. I went with chocolate this time!
- Line your cupcake pans with tin foil before placing cones to prevent the cones from burning.
- Then pour cupcake batter in to cones as you would in to liners and bake them. Don’t worry the cones won’t burn.
- Frost on cooled cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles.
How do you store cupcake cones?
I suggest storing them without covering. This will prevent them from turning soggy.
How can I prevent cupcake cones from getting soggy?
You can do 2 things to prevent your ice cream cone cupcakes from turning soggy:
- Don’t bake them way ahead of time. May be bake these just 1-2 hours before serving.
- Or you can poke a few holes in the bottom of each baked cone cupcakes to allow steam and air to pass. This way the cones won’t turn soggy!
Aren’t these the cutest treats ever? Both kids and adults love them alike. Also read my Cupcakes 101 tips and tricks to bake perfect cupcakes every time.
More Summer Desserts to try:
If you liked this recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
- Cupcake Pan
- Tin Foil
- Prepare cupcake batter as per the instructions on the box or using my homemade cupcake Batter.
- Line Cupcake Pan with tin foil, place cones and pour cupcake batter in cones. Fill each cone to 2/3 full.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before attempting to frost.
- Top with sprinkles to finish off!
- Don't bake these cupcakes way ahead of time. May be bake these just 1-2 hours before serving.
- Or you can poke a few holes in the bottom of each baked cone cupcakes to allow steam and air to pass. This way the cones won't turn soggy!