These Mini Cupcakes topped with Pink Vanilla Buttercream Frosting are ultimate little treats hat everyone will love. There's just something about mini cupcakes that makes them irresistible, don't you think? Easily eaten in one bite it is tempting to eat a few at a time!
These cupcakes are an easy and fun treat for any type of gathering or celebration. Make a batch today and freeze some for tomorrow. Cupcakes are great to have in the freezer for unexpected guests or impromptu celebrations.
TASTE AND TEXTURE:
- Super soft and moist cupcakes
- Tender yet fluffy crumb
- Rich and creamy frosting
- Crunchy from the sprinkles
MINI VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
For making these easy mini vanilla cupcakes you will require:
- Flour: Everyday all purpose flour works well in this recipe for the perfect texture.
- Sugar: Granulated white sugar is the best option for these cupcakes delivering just the right amount of sweetness.
- Butter: Unsalted butter adds a pure, sweet cream flavor and makes the cupcakes super soft and buttery to taste.
- Greek Yogurt: I use full fat yogurt here, but you can also switch it with low fat or even fat free in a pinch!
- Salt: Don't skip adding salt as it brings out the whole cupcake flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THESE MINI VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- Prepare cupcake pan. Line a mini cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine dry ingredients. Mix together dry ingredients.
- Blend butter and sugar. Melt butter in microwave and add milk, vanilla and yogurt to it. Now whisk in dry ingredients in wet.
- Beat eggs whites to soft peaks: Whisk egg whites adding sugar slowly as you go. This step is optional (you can directly add egg whites to wet ingredients) but adding whisked egg whites produce a little more fluffier cupcakes.
- Fold egg whites in the batter: Fold in the whites in 2-3 additions into the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake. Place mini cupcake liners in the mini cupcake pan, pour batter and bake in the oven. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes. Prepare the frosting and frost cupcakes. Add whatever toppings you choose. I added sprinkles and golden stars.
MINI VANILLA CUPCAKES FAQS
How long to bake mini cupcakes:
Since the cupcakes contain very small amount of batter, these bake pretty quickly than regular cupcakes. Generally these take around 8-10 minutes in the oven. To make sure they are baked, test with a toothpick before pulling them out of oven.
How Do You Store Cupcakes?
These cupcakes can be stored on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If you live in a warm, humid climate it is best to store them in the refrigerator.
Can These Cupcakes Be Frozen?
These mini vanilla cupcakes freeze very well. It is best to freeze them without frosting. Once thawed you can top with the frosting.
Can Buttercream Frosting Be Frozen?
Buttercream frosting can also be frozen in an airtight container for several months. Personally, I like to store my cupcakes in the freezer for later without frosting them and make the frosting fresh instead.
Can I make these cupcakes full size instead?
A regular size cupcake pan can be used. This batter will be enough to make 12 cupcakes, bake for 20 minutes at 350 deg F.
Can I use store bought frosting on these cupcakes?
Yes, store bought frosting will work. You can buy vanilla frosting and hot pink gel food coloring or the color of your choice. The color will not affect the taste.
Tips to make Perfect Cupcakes:
Salted or unsalted butter: Salted butter will also work but I find it best to use unsalted butter in baking. That way you can control the amount of salt that goes in the recipe.
Gluten Free Cupcakes: You can make these gluten free by using Cup4Cup Gluten Free flour or Bob's Red Mill 1-1 Gluten Free Flour.
Room Temperature Butter: In order for the batter to be smooth and creamy it is best to use room temperature butter. If you forget to take it out of the fridge, cut into 1 inch cubes and place it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it.
Milk Substitute: Whole milk can be substituted for low fat, soy or almond milk here.
How Can I Jazz Up These Mini Vanilla Cupcakes?
There are lots of way to personalize and jazz up these cupcakes:
- Add food coloring to the batter
- Throw in chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Sprinkle festive toppings over the frosting
- Change up the frosting color
- Add dried or frozen fruit to the batter
Don't be afraid to customize these mini cupcakes. They are like a blank slate. Some great options to add to the batter include mini chocolate or butterscotch chips, a teaspoon of espresso powder, grated lemon zest, frozen cranberries or crumbled Oreo cookies. Go wild! Add a few different options.
More Cupcake Recipes:
If you liked this cupcake recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! Did you add anything to the batter? How did your gang like them? And don’t forget to share your delicious creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog And lets be friends on Pinterest and Facebook as well!
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Hot Pink Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Mini Cupcake Pan
- 1 Hand/stand Mixer
- 1 and ⅔ cup (209g) cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking Soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs whites
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Full fat milk (room temperature)
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
Hot Pink Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup butter unsalted, room temperature
- 2-2.5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- few drops hot pink gel food coloring
- a pinch salt
Sprinkles to decorate on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a mini muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter, slightly cool it down and add almond milk, yogurt, vanilla to it and whisk to combine. Now fold in the flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Beat room temp egg whites to soft peaks adding sugar gradually in 4-5 additions. This step is optional. (You may fol egg whites and sugar to wet ingredients too, but beating egg whites separately produces fluffier cupcakes!) Now fold in the egg whites to the batter in 2-3 additions. Do not over mix at this point.
- Fill each cupcake well about ⅔rd to ¾th full.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
Hot Pink Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Beat butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment for about a minute. Now add in the remaining ingredients (sugar, cream and vanilla) except food coloring and beat again.
- Mix, on low speed for a minute, then switch to high speed until everything its well combined and smooth. about 2-3 minutes
- Slowly add a few drops of food coloring until you get desired color. Frost with your favorite piping tips and top it with sprinkles!